Friday, June 25, 2010

"Travel Tips": Reflection for June 27, 2010, 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Today's Scripture can be read at www.uscb.org/nab

Summertime... and people are on the road or in the air as they travel to selected destinations. Whether the trip will be long or short, all but the most unexpected trips involve some degree of planning, choices and decision-making. People can get advice and suggestions from varied sources. Traveling can bring about changes in attitude and awareness, broadening one's horizons. And most people, I think, want to know their destination when they begin their journey.

God's Word today reminds me of the journey of each person's life.

From the travel story of the prophet Elisha (Kings) to the ideas for one's life-journey mentioned by Paul (Galatians) and Jesus (Luke), God's Word challenges us to consider our own life journey and the way that we have been travelling this road of life.

To Think About: Have I thought about my own life journey and where I seem to be going?
Am I satisfied with the direction of my life or do I need to make some adjustments?
How do I treat others on the path of life?
Do I need to reduce some of the "baggage" I carry?
Do I remember that Jesus is with me on my journey?

To Do: Think about your goals and the way that you are living. Summertime is a great time to make one change that can help you "travel" better....
Find some source of joy everyday on your journey this week.
Assist someone who has been experiencing difficulties on their journey; opportunities abound.

To Pray: Pray the "Footprints Prayer" remembering that no one travels alone through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment